Android 6.0 factory official update is now online for all Google Nexus 5X users. If you are one of the users of nexus 5X and want to restore your phone to its original state then you have come to the right place. Installing a brand new Firmware for your phone is not a piece of cake, but you will be able to do it easily with the help of this tutorial.
The factory Image update is a copy of the original Android 6.0 Firmware that is pre-installed on a brand new Google Nexus 5X. So, if you have tampered with your Firmware in anyway and are looking for a way to revoke the changes then this is the right tutorial for you. Just keep on reading.
Things to remember before Flashing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 5X:
- This Rooting Tutorial is ONLY for Google Nexus 5X. Please DO NOT try this on any other Nexus device.
- You will lose the root access of your device after flashing Android 6.0 Marshmallow Factory Image. It will also remove any Custom Recovery Image that you may have installed.
- Backup all your important data before proceeding for just in case something goes wrong. You can create Nandroid backup which will later help you reinstall everything that you may lose during the process.
- Make sure to enable the USB Debugging option from the phone’s Developer Options menu.
- Developer Options might be hidden, so you will have to enable it first by going to Settings> About Phone and tapping 7 times on the Build Number text.
- Return to the Settings menu, scroll down and you will find the newly created Developer Options menu.
- Enable it and then find USB Android Debugging to enable it, too.
- This tutorial is for advance android users only. Do not try this if you are a newbie.
- Your phone must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Read each and every step thoroughly before you process with the tutorial. Do NOT proceed if you are not Android advance users. You will solely be responsible if you end up bricking your device.
How to Flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow MDA89E Factory Image on Google Nexus 5X:
Step 1: Download the Android SDK from here and then install it on your computer.
Step 2: Find SDK installation directory and launch SDK Manager exe.
Step 3: Find the platform-tools folder and place your factory image installation in it.
Step 4: Connect your device with your PC and transfer the file. In case your device is not detected by your PC, then you will have to try to update the Google USB drivers with this file here.
Step 5: Download one of the Android 6.0 Factory Image files and extract the file in the factory image archive. You will need to use the links below:
Step 6: Move the extracted file in the Platform-tools folder and switch off your device.
Step 7: Start the installation process of Android 6.0 by launching the flash-all.bat script.
- Confirm the flashing process and then wait for the process to complete.
Step 8: Reboot your device in normal mode after all the new files are installed on your device.
Note: The first few boot steps are going to take a while but in case other steps take longer than 30 minutes you will then be required to start the whole process all over again and make sure you follow the steps exactly as mentioned above.
Use your usual Google account information in order to regain complete control over your Smartphone once again. In case you need more help feel free to use the comment section below.