Google Nexus 10 was launched back in October 2012 by Google and manufactured by Samsung. It is a tablet featuring a 9,000 mAh battery, 10.1 inch screen size and 5 MP Camera along with several other features. In this article, I will guide you on how to Root your Google Nexus 10 Tablet with CF-Auto-Root, a software released by well known developer, Chainfire.
Before you proceed towards the tutorial, there are several things that you should keep in mind that I have listed below. And make sure you read the whole tutorial before performing it on your tablet. If you’re used to Rooting your android devices, then you can skip to the tutorial, otherwise take a look at some things below!
Things you need to know before Rooting Google Nexus 10:
- First of all, this tutorial is ONLY for Google Nexus 10. Do not use this tutorial on any other device, otherwise it will only brick your device. You have been Warned!
- Secondly, make sure to create a backup of your important files in case anything goes wrong.
- Note that this method will NOT unlock your Nexus 10’s Bootloader. It is recommended that you first unlock the Bootloader and then continue with rooting your tablet.
- Enable the USB Debugging option in Developer Options Settings if you haven’t already. If you don’t see the Developer Options in the Settings Menu, go to Settings > About Phone and press the Build Number 7 times until it says that you are now a Developer. After doing so, go back to the Settings > Developer Options and Check the USB Debugging option.
- Install and setup Android SDK in your Computer, if you haven’t already. You can download it here.
- You should know that Rooting will void your device’s warranty and by rooting, you will be able to install or flash Custom ROMs on your device.
- Proceed at your own risk, I will not be responsible if something goes wrong during the process and your device gets bricked!
All set? Let’s move on!
How to Root Google Nexus 10 with CF-Auto-Root:
Note: Make sure you have Installed Android SDK on your Computer:
Step 1: First of all, download the CF-Auto-Root software for your Nexus 10 from here and extract the contents of the file then place them in a folder on Desktop.
Step 2: Switch off your tablet, then boot into Bootloader or fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Buttons together.
Step 3: When your tablet powers on, it will show the “Start” text on the screen. Connect your Nexus 10 to the PC through a USB Cable and let Windows install the drivers.
Step 4: After it’s done, navigate to the folder that you created in step 1 and open up the root windows.bat file from it.
Step 5: Now press any button to start the process of Rooting and follow the onscreen instruction to successfully install all the files.
Step 6: Your Nexus 10 will now reboot and will show a red Android Logo. After it’s done with the rooting, your Tablet will restart automatically. Don’t panic if it takes longer than usual to reboot. It happens!
Step 7: After it reboots successfully, open up the App Drawer and look for an App called SuperSU. If you don’t see it, go to this Link and install it from there.
That’s it! Your work is done here Chief! Now you can Flash a Custom ROM of your choice or customize your tablet with different tweaks. If you run into any sort of problem, just drop a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!