You can Install Stock Android Firmware on Galaxy Tab S2 with the help of odin by following this step-by-step tutorial. If you are facing problems with your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, like lags and slow performance etc, and you want to enjoy smooth and stable working of your device, then you should install the stock android firmware. If you are techno tweak or a newbie either way you should be very careful as it is according to your model precisely or not. Installing the stock firmware will enhance your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2’s performance to manifolds for sure.
Install the firmware on your tab will help you to enhance the efficiency and tackle different technical issues along with new additional features. One of the most powerful and frequently tool used in installation firmware is odin, which is Firmware flashing tool. This tutorial will guide you on How to Install Stock Android Firmware on Galaxy Tab S2.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Drivers
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Install Stock Android Firmware on Galaxy Tab S2. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charged to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Install Stock Android Firmware on Galaxy Tab S2
Step 1: Download the following files depending on the model of your Galaxy Tab S2:
- Firmware file for Galaxy Tab S2:
- Odin3 v3.10.6
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the PDA button and locate the firmware update file that you downloaded in Step 1 and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient.
If your device gets stuck in the bootloop, then you should turn it off and boot it into recovery mode. And then perform a factory data reset and wipe cache partition then reboot. It will turn on this time!