To root your AT&T galaxy Edge S6, you need this perfect tutorial on How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge. No need to worry if you are facing issues with limited root privileges or you just can’t figure out how to run and manage new root for new android built, this is the right place for you to stop by. Odin tool is a great help in gaining root access, thus you must know how to flash ODIN on Samsung galaxy S6 Edge.
This procedure mentioned below in steps is absolutely secure and safe. You will not lose your phone’s warranty and data files. But it is good to have maintained a proper backup. Gaining root access may seem odd at first if you don’t know the advantages of it but once you get to know the benefits, you will tempt to have it. This tutorial is designed to help you have amazing user experience with excellent user privileges. This tutorial will easily guide you on How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge on any Android Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Drivers
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge on any Android Firmware. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Note that following this guide will root your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, which means it’ll void the Warranty of your device.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge on any Android Firmware
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the PDA button and locate the Custom Kernel file and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient. And if your phone gets stuck in the bootloop, then reboot your device into recovery mode, then wipe cache partition as well as wipe data factory reset.