You can now Unlock Huawei Honor 5X Bootloader. Huawei always impresses the tech world with its reasonable price ranged android devices that offer seamless performance. Huawei gained lot of attention and loyal users over the years. In case you want to enhance your user experience and get something extraordinary like Nexus seamless features and gain internal access of the device then you must know how to unlock your phone’s bootloader. This is really simple if you follow the tutorial steps completely. Not only you be able to customize and personalize your Huawei Honor 5X settings and features but also can control your phone system.
Huawei Honor 5X will perform efficiently with all the apps and software running on the device once you unlock its Bootloader. We just want you to make the most of your Android devices whether its a simple smartphone or a tablet. I have put together this step-by-step guide on how to Unlock Huawei Honor 5X Bootloader. But, first you should take a look at the following important precautionary points.
Huawei Honor 5X Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Huawei Honor 5X properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Huawei Honor 5X:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Unlock Huawei Honor 5X Bootloader. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Huawei Honor 5X, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Note that following this guide will Unlock the Bootloader of your Huawei Honor 5X, which means it’ll void the Warranty of your device.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure you have setup Android SDK utility -> How to Install Android SDK
How to Unlock Huawei Honor 5X Bootloader
Step 1: First of all, go to this link and create a new Huawei ID or Login if you already have an ID.
Step 2: After that, go to this page and follow the onscreen instructions.
Step 3: You’ll be asked for the product identification code. To get it, dial * # * # 1357946 # * # * from your phone. Continue with the steps from Huawei’s website and get the unlock code which will be used in the coming steps.
Step 4: Now, connect your device with your computer via USB Cable and navigate to the Android SDK folder on your computer.
Step 5: Open up a command prompt window in that directory by holding Shift button and right clicking on blank space then select Open Command Prompt Window Here.
Step 6: Then, in the cmd window enter: adb reboot bootloader; your Huawei Honor 5X Bootloader will be now automatically rebooted into bootloader mode.
Step 7: After doing so, in the same cmd window type the following command:
fastboot oem unlock (YOUR UNLOCK CODE)
Note that you have to put the unlock code that you got from Huawei’s website instead of (YOUR UNLOCK CODE) text in the above command.
Step 8: When done, unplug the USB cable and reboot your device; you are done.
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the Bootloader of your Huawei Honor 5X. Now you can root your device, flash custom roms, custom recovery and tweak up your system as you like!