You can now Update Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware just released the update for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime G531F model but it is not uniformly released yet. So in some regions it is very much available but for others it is not up in the air. Improved user interface, solid infrastructure deign and all bugs are fixed in this release.
You can enjoy the release just going through some implementation steps discussed below. This post will guide you on how to Update Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Before you proceed towards updating your Galaxy Grand Prime, you should take a look at the following points so that the updating process go smoothly.
Samsung Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Update Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the AP button and locate the G531FXXU1APA1 tar.md5 firmware update file and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient.
That’s how you Update Galaxy GRAND Prime G531F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Official Firmware. If you run into any problem, let us know in the comments section below and we will get back to you with a solution!