You can now Update Google Nexus 6P to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q official firmware. By using adb sideload method, Google Nexus 6P can get the Google Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow updates right now even if you haven’t gotten it officially. It is utmost important that your device is charged fully and that you have a data backup of all your device data somewhere as the installation will take time and it might wipe out all the data as well. It’s better to take precautionary measures rather than take the recovery methods.
I would recommend that you read the whole tutorial on How to Update Google Nexus 6P to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow before actually performing the update. Furthermore, before updating your Google Nexus 6P, read the following precautionary guidelines so that you don’t get into any kind of trouble.
Google Nexus 6P Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Google Nexus 6P properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 6P:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Google Nexus 6P to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 6P, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure you have Android 6.0.1 MMB29P on your Google Nexus 6P before updating it to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q.
How to Update Google Nexus 6P to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow
Step 1: Download the Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q firmware for Nexus 6P from here and rename this firmware file to update.zip
Step 2: Copy/paste the update.zip to platform-tools folder.
Step : Switch off your smartphone and then boot it in Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Select apply update from adb option from the Recovery Menu.
Step 4: Connect your Nexus 6P to computer using the usb cable and make sure it has been detected by your PC properly.
Step 5: Go to platform-tools folder and launch a command prompt there, you can do it by holding SHIFT, then right-clicking somewhere in a blank space and selecting open command windows here.
Step 6: Enter the following command to initiate the Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q installation process:
adb sideload update.zip
After the update is done you can reboot your phone in normal mode. Your Google Nexus 6P will now be running Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow Official Firmware.