This article will guide you on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Free Update on your Laptop/PC easily! Windows 10 is finally here and Microsoft has started rolling out the updates as of July 29, 2015 to the users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows 8. There are certain things that you need to make sure before proceeding. Take a look at them below!
- Backup your important data to another drive or online.
- Make sure you have a genuine copy of your current Windows.
- Make sure your PC meets the Requirements for Windows 10 listed below:
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit / 2GB for 64-bit
- Storage: 16GB for 32-bit / 20GB for 64-bit
- CPU: 1GHz or faster
- Graphics: DirectX 9 capable video card
- Finally, make sure that you have Reserved your Free Update of Windows 10.
Everything in order? Let’s move on!
Didn’t get the Update or Reservation Notifications? Follow the Tutorials below instead:
How to Download and Install Windows 10 Free Update:
Step 1: Open up Windows Update through Control Panel and check whether your Free Update of Windows 10 is ready or not. If it is, then let’s go ahead and install it!
Step 2: When your Windows 10 update is ready, you’ll see the following notification in Windows Update panel:
Your Upgrade to Windows is Ready
Click on Restart Now button to begin the process of installation.
Step 3: Your system will now Restart and begin the installation of Windows 10 automatically!
Note: Whole Installation is divided in three parts: Copying files, Installing features and drivers, Configuring settings.
Step 4: That’s it! You’re done here. All you have to do now is wait for the installation to complete and then after that, just follow the onscreen instructions and you’ll be at the login screen. Login and Enjoy!