You can now Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update for Galaxy S7 Edge G935F using the tutorial below! The Android 6.0.1 marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge g935f is rolling out by Samsung. It’s very exciting and stimulating time and it may take a while to arrive at your handset. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a proud product of Samsung Galaxy Series because of its performance and ability to get official updates.
Firstly you should be ascertaining that firmware is according to your device model otherwise it will trickle down your cell. So you can update and flash your device to the latest and the finest version by grabbing this opportunity. We know this could be little bit baffling for the starters but don’t get low and follow these comprehensive guidelines step by step and find the true prospective for your smartphone. In this tutorial, I will guide you on How to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update for Galaxy S7 Edge G935F. However, it is recommended that you first go through the following precautionary tips before getting started with the main tutorial. Check them out after the jump!
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Drivers
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S7 Edge G935F. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charged to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
You might also like:
Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S7 Edge G935F
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the PDA button and locate the G935FXXU1APAW tar.md5 firmware update file and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient.
That was all on How to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S7 Edge G935F. If you run into any kind of problem, let us know and we’ll get back to you ASAP!