OctOS is another exciting and innovative android ROM version 6.0.1 specially released for Samsung galaxy S3. OctOS is way more interesting and thrilling than the android marshmallow versions releases in the past. OctOS is actually the best android release till date as it has all the best features of LiquidSmooth, OmniROM and CM 13.
The concept of installing OctOS in AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 is to provide users with efficient ROM that can be reliable for long term and have the ability to do customization according to the user’s will. Usually the conventional ROM capacity fails to cater user’s demanding needs of storing data and running efficiently at all times.
- This guide is only for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 variant, so DO NOT try this on any other variant of Galaxy S3 or you will end up bricking your device.
- You will need to connect your device with a data cable to your PC and enable the USB debugging option. To do so, go to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Make sure your AT&T Galaxy S3 is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed.
- Your phone must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Lastly backup all your important things in the device as you will lose it all during the process.
Here are some simple steps that guide you to flash OctOS on your android mobiles and enjoy the seamless ROM and have fun with the customization abilities.
How to Flash Android 6.0.1 on AT&T Galaxy S3 with OctOS ROM
Step 2: Transfer both zip files on to your phone’s internal storage.
– disconnect the phone from PC after the files are copied successfully.
– do not unzip the ROM files.
Step 3: Power off your phone and boot the AT&T Galaxy S3 in Recovery Mode.
Step 4: First thing that you need to do is to create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s currently installed on your device. Go to “backup and restore” then select “backup to /sdcard”.
Step 5: Now you can factory reset the device, to do so, select “wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Yes – Wipe all user data”.
Step 6: Now head over to “Install zip” followed by “choose zip from /sdcard” and select the OctOS Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM zip file. Installation will start.
Step 8: When the new custom ROM is done installing you will need to flash the Gapps zip. The Gapps file can be installed in the same way you did with the OctOS ROM.
Step 9: Reboot your Galaxy S3 when all the files are flashed.
Note: If your device gets stuck at Boot loop, power it off then go to recovery mode and wipe cache partition. If it still doesn’t start, then wipe data/factory reset!
That’s it! You can enjoy Android 6.0.1 on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.