Officially, Oppo declared that it is not going to release the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update on N3 but that does not stop N3 users to update their phones by themselves. It is now completely N3 user’s call as whether they want to be rebellious and update their phones or they remain contented with the Lollipop firmware.
Through these smart and super simple steps, N3 users can Update Oppo N3 to Android 6.0 despite that Oppo refused to give official release. So now you can enjoy CM13 flash on your N3 smart phones any time you want to by executing following steps. Its ROM is reliable and improved version of all past ROM versions installed in Oppo smartphones.
- This guide is only and only for Oppo N3, so DO NOT try this on any other device or you will end up bricking your device.
- You will need to connect your device with a data cable to your PC and enable the USB debugging option. To do so, go to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Make sure your Oppo N3 is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed. We’ll go with the ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Your phone must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Lastly backup all your important things in the device as you will lose it all during the process.
How to Update Oppo N3 to Android 6.0 with CM13 Custom ROM
Step 2: Connect your Oppo N3 with your computer; use your phone’s USB cable in order to ensure the connection.
Step 3: Transfer the downloaded files from your computer, to your phone and then unplug the device from your computer.
Step 4: Power off your smartphone and wait while the shut down process is completed. Then reboot to recovery mode on your Android device.
Step 5: From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition” and by “wipe dalvik cache” – remember to backup your data first.
Step 6: Now, from main menu of recovery select “install zip” and “choose zip from SD card”.
Step 7: Select the CM 13 update zip file and flash the Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Oppo N3.
Step 8: Now you need to install Gapps. To do so, repeat the previous step but this time, select Gapps file instead of firmware file.
Step 9: In the end, from recovery menu, select “reboot system now”.
If you run into any problem, let us know in the comments below and we’ll get back to you with a solution!