You can Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using the tutorial below. Hard resetting is implied when a device is showing problems in performance and retrieving data files. But hard resetting can be done anytime, anywhere even without any prior problem or issues in the device. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge can be hard reset whenever the user wants to. This tutorial will help all the Galaxy S7 Edge users to get to know the process of hard resetting their devices step by step. Of course, the method is simple, accurate and very thorough.
Hard reset means that you are starting your device anew as in you just bought it. There will be no apps, data, images, videos, contacts and messages when you hard reset your device so make sure that you either don’t need all these things ever or have maintained a reliable back up. This post will guide you on How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- Make sure you have backed up your device.
- Your device must be at least 70% charged to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
There are two methods of Hard Resetting Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. One is through the Recovery, and the second is through the built in settings. Let’s take a look at them respectively! You might also like:
How to Easily Hard Reset the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Method 1 – Through Recovery
Step 1: First power off your device
Step 2: Then, press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time, for a few moments.
Step 3: From main menu of recovery select wipe data factory reset.
Step 4: After that, select reboot system now.
Method 2 – Through Built in Settings
Step 1: Head over to the Settings
Step 2: Then choose Backup & Restore.
Step 3: From there select the Factory Data Reset option.
Step 4: Pick Reset Device followed by Erase Everything.
Step 5: Agree with the alerts and put in the PIN if it asks for it.
Step 6: When done, reboot your phone and enjoy.
There you are with your brand new feel of your device.