Nexus 5 was released back in October 2013 and it is the successor of Nexus 4 released a year before. It comes with Android 4.4 Kitkat Firmware featuring a 5 inch Screen Size with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 CPU, 2 GB RAM, and a lot more features. In this tutorial, I will guide you on how to Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 5 easily so you can further Root your Nexus 5 and then Flash Custom ROMs or other kernels.
Before we continue towards the Unlocking guide, there are a few things that you need to consider to avoid any problem during the process. Make sure you backup all your data because this process is going to wipe it all. Let’s have a look at some important things below.
Things to remember before Unlocking Google Nexus 5:
- This Guide is ONLY intended for Google Nexus 5. Please DO NOT use it for any other Android Device. Doing so will be going to result in your device being bricked!
- Secondly, I will not be responsible if you run into any kind of problem during the process or your device gets bricked. This tutorial is tested and it works with Nexus 5.
- Enable the USB Debugging option in Developer Options Settings if you haven’t already. If you don’t see the Developer Options in the Settings Menu, go to Settings > About Phone and press the Build Number 7 times until it says that you are now a Developer. After doing so, go back to the Settings > Developer Options and Check the USB Debugging option.
- Backup all your important data as unlocking the bootloader will wipe everything in your Nexus 5.
- Make sure you have properly installed Nexus 5 USB Drivers in your Computer.
- Make sure your phone’s battery is charged up to at least 60% to avoid any battery failure.
- Disable any antivirus tools that you have in your Computer.
Okay that’s all. Follow the tutorial below in order to Unlock Nexus 5 Bootloader easily in a few steps!
How to Unlock Nexus 5 Bootloader with One-Click Script:
Note: Make sure you have Installed Android SDK on your Computer:
Step 1: Download the following Bootloader Unlocking zip file and extract the contents of that file in a folder on your desktop.
Step 2: Connect your Nexus 5 to your Computer via USB Cable. It will probably ask you to allow USB Debugging, just click Yes.
Step 3: Go to the folder where you extracted the downloaded files and open up a file named 1-click-nexus-5-bootloader-unlock.bat. Note that if it doesn’t work, then you have to Install the USB Drivers for Nexus 5 again and the retry.
Step 4: After that the process will start. And after a few moments, you will have a Nexus 5 with an Unlocked Bootloader.
That’s it! If done correctly, your phone will boot normally. However, if you get into any trouble, just drop your comment below and I will surely get back to you with a solution ASAP.