You can now Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 on Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. Motorola devices does not usually gets official Motorola update programs so here is an exciting news for all Motorola Droid RAZR and droid RAZR MAXX CDMA versions that CM 13 Android 6.0.1 Stable ROM is available. The users only need to learn how to flash it and they can do so by going through simple steps given in this tutorial.
Remember that this tutorial is specifically for Droid Razr and Droid Razr MAXX and no other models. Check before installation that custom recovery image TWRP or CWM is running on rooted firmware. Also know that for your satisfaction that “factory reset” only cleans out the system partition data and does not touch internal storage at all. This tutorial will guide you on How to Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 on Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. Before you start with the installation process, it is recommended that you take a look at the following precautionary tips to avoid any problem during the process.
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 on Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Make sure your Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed. We’ll go with the ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 on Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: After that, connect your device with your computer with the help of the USB cable and move the downloaded files to your device.
Step 3: Unplug your device and then turn it off.
Step 4: When it is turned off, boot it in to Recovery Mode.
Step 5: When your device successfully boots into recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup by going to Advanced > Backup and Restore > Backup to /sdcard.
Step 6: Now clean up the storage system of your device; so, just select wipe data/factory reset as show in the image below.
Note: The CWM Recovery in your device may not be as same as shown in the images here. However, functions are almost the same in every version of CWM Recovery.
Step 7: After that, select install zip from the recovery menu.
Step 8: Followed by choose zip from sd card and select the zip file that you downloaded in Step 1. Installation will start.
Step 9: Wait for the installation to complete. Once it is complete, repeat the last 2 steps to flash GApps or Google Apps. Or you can follow the tutorial below:
Step 10: After you’re done with everything, go back to the recovery menu and select wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
Step 11: In the end, from main menu of recovery select reboot system now.
Note: First boot will take a bit of time, so just be patient. If your device gets stuck in bootloop, turn it off, boot into recovery mode, perform a factory reset and wipe cache. Then reboot it. Hopefully it will turn on!
Your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx will now have Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based CM13 Custom ROM Installed.