Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow factory image is now live and available for Nexus 5 smartphones. This time the release is better with improvements and efficient tweaks that makes processing simple and quick. Although, while installing this new release on your phone be sure to have a solid backup as your phone might remove all the data during installation.
Go through the mentioned guidelines below before start installation. In this guide, we’ll see How to Install Android 6.0.1 MMB29K on Nexus 5 Marshmallow Factory Image.
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Nexus 5 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 5:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Install Android 6.0.1 MMB29K on Nexus 5. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 5, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked -> How to Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 5
How to Install Android 6.0.1 MMB29K on Google Nexus 5 Marshmallow Factory Image
Step 1: Download the Android 6.0.1 MMB29K factory image archive from here.
Step 2: Unzip the contents in the factory image archive.
Step 3: Move all the extracted factory image files in the platform-tools folder.
– the folder you’ve created above the tutorial.
Step 4: Power off your phone and then boot it in Fastboot Mode.
Step 5: Connect your phone to computer via USB Cable.
– verify that your device has been detected and then continue to the next step.
Step 6: Next, get to the platform-tools folder where you’ve placed the extracted Android 6.0.1 factory image files.
Step 7: Start the flashing process of Android 6.0.1 by launching the flash-all.bat script.
Step 8: Confirm installation.
– wait until all the files are done installing on your device.
Step 9: After the installation is done you can press any key to reboot your Nexus 5.
In case the installation isn’t completed at your first attempt, then you should retry once more. But, make sure that your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial and that you won’t be skipping any steps.