You can now Install CM12 Android 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4. It is wondrous that now Qualcomm variants of Samsung Galaxy S4 can smoothly be installed with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM. It is all because of genius xda developers who made this possible. It is because of them that now you can get advanced custom ROM for all Samsung Galaxy S4 devices throughout the world irrespective of its official android release. This tutorial is extremely the best solution if you are facing problem in knowing how to get CM 12 custom ROM on Galaxy S4.
This tutorial is easy and hundred percent authentic. Needless to say that this custom ROM 12 brings amazing features, exciting apps and smooth performance of the device. So all the hard work of following this tutorial and ensuring backup setup with installed custom recovery image is not at all a waste of time. Do try this tutorial and hopefully, your device will be updated to give you seamless user experience. This tutorial will guide you on How to Install CM12 Android 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4 Lollipop Custom ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S4:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Install CM12 Android 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S4 is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed. We’ll go with the ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Install CM12 Android 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: After that, connect your device with your computer with the help of the USB cable and move the downloaded files to your device.
Step 3: Unplug your device and then turn it off.
Step 4: When it is turned off, boot it in to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 5: When your device successfully boots into recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup by going to Advanced > Backup and Restore > Backup to /sdcard.
Step 6: Now clean up the storage system of your device; so, just select wipe data/factory reset as show in the image below.
Note: The CWM Recovery in your device may not be as same as shown in the images here. However, functions are almost the same in every version of CWM Recovery.
Step 7: After that, select install zip from the recovery menu.
Step 8: Followed by choose zip from sd card and select the zip file that you downloaded in Step 1. Installation will start.
Step 9: Wait for the installation to complete. Once it is complete, repeat the last 2 steps to flash GApps or Google Apps. Or you can follow the tutorial below:
Step 10: After you’re done with everything, go back to the recovery menu and select wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
Step 11: In the end, from main menu of recovery select reboot system now.
Note: First boot will take a bit of time, so just be patient. If your device gets stuck in bootloop, turn it off, boot into recovery mode, perform a factory reset and wipe cache. Then reboot it. Hopefully it will turn on!
- Go to this page (the official dev page); from there you can download the CM12 file along with Google Apps package, while you can read further info related to the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update.
- Place all the files on your computer – preferable on desktop – and don’t unzip anything.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 with your computer via USB cable.
- Transfer all the files from desktop to your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable in the end and also turn off your device.
- Enter recovery mode on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- From recovery wipe the system and then clear cache: select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then, return to main menu of recovery and select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the CM12 file and install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS on your Galaxy S4.
- Do the same thing and flash Google Apps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now”.