You can now How to Install Omega ROM on Galaxy Note 10.1. While users have enjoyed a lot of development of custom ROMs and mods of android, developers have seldom paid attention to most of the tablets that are Android based. Take example of one the most successful tablets: The Galaxy Note 10.1 which has many likable features. It is undoubtedly one of the best-selling tablet. Its users can finally find happiness in the fact that Omega ROM is now available as one of the best custom ROM. The ROM can also be used for its variants GT-N8000, N8010 and N8013.
The ROM brings a fresh air of change regarding the user interface and with its stability, performance and battery life. The custom ROM has been developed as such to remove all the bloatwares and unnecessary apps that slows down the RAM. Omega Settings app can be used for customization of device and setting toggles. It is one of the best custom ROMs over the ones available. However care should be taken as the installation is never risk free and the steps should always be carefully followed. This post will guide you on How to How to Install Omega ROM on Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 / N8010 / N8013.
Omega ROM Details
Some of the features of Omega ROM are listed below:
- Support for N8000 + N8010 + N8013
- efs (IMEI) Backup option
- Omegadroid Walk Bootanimation
- Omega Files app
- Omega Settings app
- Option to flash any bloat or app later
- Google apps from Android 4.2
- Keyboard Android with Gesture Typing from Android 4.2
- Omegas add-on applications: Es File Explorer, Hide It Pro, ZArchiver, Adfree etc.
- Flash player Support
- SPenBoard Switcher
- Multi-Window Manager
- Samsung’s Task Manager Shortcut apps
- All supported languages enabled
- Battery % mod
- Omega Settings app: Ink Effect on-off, Choose any color for ink effect, Auto Recording options with on-off, Set End Call delay, Blocking mode
- Shutdown Animation
- Smaller Multi-Window Buttons
- Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
- Lots more…
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Drivers
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to How to Install Omega ROM on Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 / N8010 / N8013. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed. We’ll go with the ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Your device must be at least 70% charged to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
Disclaimer: Kindly note that the following tutorial has been correctly tested and it works. However, if something goes wrong during the process, like your device gets bricked or becomes unresponsive or any other kind of damage to your device, then, NEITHER the developer of this ROM, NOR Us (221btech) can be held responsible for any kind of damage. Proceed at your own risk! So just be careful and read each and every step carefully. If you do face any kind of problem, you can let us know in the comment section below or contact us through the Contact Page and we will surely get back to you with a solution!
How to Install Omega ROM on Galaxy Note 10.1
Step 1: Download the following file:
Step 2: After that, connect your device with your computer with the help of the USB cable and move the downloaded file to your device.
Step 3: Unplug your device and then turn it off.
Step 4: When it is turned off, boot it in to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 5: When your device successfully boots into recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup by going to Advanced > Backup and Restore > Backup to /sdcard.
Step 6: Now clean up the storage system of your device; so, just select wipe data/factory reset as show in the image below.
Note: The CWM Recovery in your device may not be as same as shown in the images here. However, functions are almost the same in every version of CWM Recovery.
Step 7: After that, go back to the recovery menu and select wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
Step 8: After that, select install zip from the recovery menu.
Step 9: Followed by choose zip from sd card and select the zip file that you downloaded in Step 1. Installation will start.
Step 10: In the end, from main menu of recovery select reboot system now. If your device doesn’t reboot automatically.
Note: First boot will take a bit of time, so just be patient. If your device gets stuck in bootloop, turn it off, boot into recovery mode, perform a factory reset and wipe cache. Then reboot it. Hopefully it will turn on!