Recently, a brand new stable CM 12.1 Android update has been released by CyanogenMod team for all the HTC one MAX users. Now, you can easily install the update using this tutorial. Previously, I wrote a tutorial on How to Install CM 12.1 Stable on Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi Fi. In this post, we’ll be covering How to Install Stable CM 12.1 on International HTC one MAX! Just keep on reading to know what to do.
With this update you will be getting a bundle of extra new features and improvements that are usually not available for HTC one MAX. The update is based on AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop releases and comes with extra CyanogenMod-designed apps and functions. Do check out some important things to remember before proceeding towards the tutorial mentioned below!
Things to remember before installing CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM
- This Rooting Tutorial is ONLY for International HTC one MAX. Please DO NOT try this on any other One Max device.
- Your HTC one MAX should be rooted and have a custom recovery (both CWM and TWRP Recoveries will do. Updated to its latest edition).
- Backup all your important data before proceeding for just in case something goes wrong. You can create Nandroid backup which will later help you reinstall everything that you may lose during the process.
- For application backup you can use the Helium tool for Android.
- Your phone must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Read each and every step thoroughly before you process with the tutorial. Do NOT proceed if you are not Android advance users. You will solely be responsible if you end up bricking your device.
How to flash CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM for international HTC one MAX
Step 2: Transfer these files to your tablet’s internal storage. Do not unzip them and disconnect your phone from the PC once the transfer is complete.
Step 3: Power off your device and boot in Custom Recovery Mode.
Step 4: Create a Full backup for your ROM.
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
- TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
- Rename this backup file and confirm the process.
Step 5: Factory reset the device.
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
Step 6: Start CM 12.1 Stable Android 5.1.1 ROM flashing process for HTC one MAX:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- TWRP: select ‘install’.
Step 7: Find CM 12.1 zip and confirm its installation. After the installation has completed you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way.
Step 8: Reboot your HTC one MAX in normal mode after all the new files are installed on your device.
And we are all done!!!
Note: The first few boot steps are going to take a while but in case other steps take longer than 30mins you will then be required to start the whole process all over again and make sure you follow the steps exactly as mentioned above. Wish you luck!!
In case you require more assistance, try the comment box below. We will be happy to help!