Amazon Kindle gives you amazing reading experience but as the tablet has android OS it can benefit from Fire HDX as well. However, Fire HDX pose some issues while performing other tasks on tablet. To let Fire HDX perform better, you must install TWRP 3.0 through some simple steps.
First of all, start with custom recovery option that will allow you to customize, optimize and personalize your Amazon Kindle Fire HDX whenever you want. Moreover, the recovery system of advanced TWRP allows access to internal Android system of your tablet. Make your tablet exciting and reading experience worth the while by following these steps to install TWRP 3.0.
- This guide is only for Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, so DO NOT try this on any other device or you will end up bricking your device.
- You will need to connect your device with a data cable to your PC and enable the USB debugging option. To do so, go to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- You need to unlock bootloader of your Amazon Kindle Fire HDX in order to install TWRP Custom Recovery.
- You should have Android SDK Installed on your computer -> How to Install Android SDK on Windows
- Make sure you have installed USB Drivers for Amazon Kindle Fire HDX on your Computer.
- Your phone must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Lastly backup all your important things in the device as you will lose it all during the process.
How to Install TWRP 3.0 on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX
Step 1: First, download the required files: from here, get the TWRP recovery file for the 7 inch version of your Amazon Kindle Fire HDX and from here if you own the 8.9 inch version of the same device.
Step 2: Save the custom recovery image on desktop if that’s possible; rename the file into something easier to remember such as “recovery.img”.
Step 3: Connect your tablet with your computer with the help of the USB cable.
Step 4: From the folder where you have placed the recovery image open a command prompt window: press and hold the Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any blank space.
Step 5: In the cmd window first type “fastboot devices” – if your Fire HDX isn’t displayed, reinstall its USB drivers before retrying all the steps from above.
Step 6: Next, in the cmd window type “fastboot reboot recovery”; your tablet will be now automatically rebooted into recovery mode.
Step 7: Enter “fastboot boot recovery.img” – now your handset will enter into TWRP recovery for one time only (until you reboot your tablet) OR
If you want to permanently install TWRP recovery v3.0, enter the following command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”.
That’s it! You will now have TWRP 3.0 Custom Recovery installed on your Amazon Kindle Fire HDX.