You can Manually Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q. This is the time for all Nexus 7 tablets to get Android 6.0.1 buzz of update. It is a brilliant way to update the nexus firmware to new and updated one. Google might take some time to spread the official release on every single device simultaneously so it is not necessary that you wait for it. You can gear things up on your end and get the manual update by yourself by following stated below guidelines.
Google is proud with its Nexus devices. In the midst of tech war between big fat brand names Google Nexus made its impression because of smooth performance and unforgettable user experience. This simple tutorial is designed for all the naive tech users who are excited about Marshmallow update on Android but still worried. This is a step by step guideline to make your lives easier and updated. In this post, I will guide you on How to Manually Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow.
Nexus 7 Wi-Fi Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Nexus 7 Wi-Fi properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Nexus 7 Wi-Fi:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on TITLE. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Nexus 7 Wi-Fi, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure your device has MMB29O Firmware already installed on it. Do not try this tutorial it has any other Firmware Build installed.
How to Manually Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow
Step 1: Download MMB29Q Android 6.0.1 firmware from here. Rename the downloaded file to zip.
Step 2: Next, transfer the zip to platform-tools folder.
Step 3: Power off your device and boot it in Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons simultaneously. You’ll see a bootloader screen, from there press Volume Down button until you see Recovery written at the top. Once you see Recovery, press Power Button to select and it’ll boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 4: Select apply update from adb
Step 5: Connect your Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi device to PC via usb cable and make sure it is detected by your PC.
Step 6: Get to platform-tools folder and launch a command prompt there by holding Shift button and right clicking on empty space and then select Open command prompt window here.
Step 7: Enter the following command to initiate the Android 6.0.1 installation:
adb sideload update.zip
Step 8: Confirm the installation.
Step 9: When the update is done you can see the device rebooting in normal mode.
That’s it! Your Nexus 7 WiFi will now have MMB29Q Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware installed on it!