Here’s How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 on any Android Firmware. You can root your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 by following simple steps mentioned in this easy tutorial. Irrespective of android firmware version, Samsung galaxy device users can get root access by pre rooted and custom kernel that is flashed through Odin tool. This will give you root privileges and you can enjoy the liberties and unlimited access to internal firmware of your smartphone.
Getting root access will enhance your user experience and ensure complete control on phone’s performance at large. It is true that rooting your device may seem a bit complex procedure at first but it is not. All you have to do is to follow the simple and easy steps as given in this tutorial. In this tutorial, I will guide you on How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 on any Android Firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Drivers
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S6
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 on any Android Firmware. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S6, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Note that following this guide will root your Samsung Galaxy S6, which means it’ll void the Warranty of your device.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Root AT&T Galaxy S6 on any Android Firmware
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the PDA button and locate the Custom Kernel file and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient.