In this post, we’ll take a look at how to Update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE to Android 6.0 with CM13 Custom ROM. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE just got the unofficial update of CyanogenMod 13. This update ensures seamless user experience of galaxy tab 10.5. CM 13 release is pretty interesting and quite new in the market. You must try and update your tablet with the latest release.
No bugs, battery drainage, stuck screen problem or blackouts will be experienced in this latest release of CM13. Therefore, be ready to experience a flawless time on Galaxy Tab S 10.5, only you have to get it on your own since it’s an unofficial release and can’t be available on other devices widely. Before you proceed with the tutorial, it is recommended that you take a look at the following important precautionary key points.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE to Android 6.0 with CM13. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed. We’ll go with the ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE to Android 6.0 with CM13
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: After that, connect your tablet with your computer with the help of the USB cable and move the downloaded files to your device.
Step 3: Unplug your device and then turn it off.
Step 4: When it is turned off, boot it in to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 5: From recovery, first of all, clean up the storage system of your device; so, just select wipe data/factory reset as show in the image below.
Note: The CWM Recovery in your device may not be as same as shown in the images here. However, functions are almost the same in every version of CWM Recovery.
Step 6: After that, select install zip from the recovery menu.
Step 7: Followed by choose zip from sd card and select the zip file that you downloaded in Step 1. Installation will start.
Step 8: Wait for the installation to complete. Once it is complete, repeat the last 2 steps to flash GApps or Google Apps. Or you can follow the tutorial below:
Step 9: After you’re done with everything, go back to the recovery menu and select wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
Step 10: In the end, from main menu of recovery select reboot system now.
Note: First boot will take a bit of time, so just be patient. If your device gets stuck in bootloop, turn it off, boot into recovery mode, perform a factory reset and wipe cache. Then reboot it. Hopefully it will turn on!
That how you Update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE to Android 6.0. You will now have Android 6.0 based CM13 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE. If you run into any kind of trouble, just let us know in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you with a solution as soon as possible. Cheers!