You can update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K using the tutorial below. This December, Google released another Android 6.0.1 security patch for Nexus 6 users. All the Nexus 6 users must not wait for Google OTA to update their devices as Google, like usual, can take a bit longer to update your devices automatically and officially.
This security patch release come up with security issues tweaking thus keep your phones safe. Start following the mentioned steps and get the update now. I have put together the following guide on How to Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow using ADB Sideload. It is recommended that you read the whole tutorial before actually performing it on your Google Nexus 6.
Google Nexus 6 Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Google Nexus 6 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 6:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 6, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
How to Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow
Step 1: Download one of the following Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file depending on your current firmware:
– Android 6.0 MRA58R update to 6.0.1 MMB29K.
– Android 6.0 MRA58K update to 6.0.1 MMB29K.
– Android 6.0. MRA58N update to 6.0.1 MMB29K.
– Android 6.0 MRA58X update to 6.0.1 MMB29K.
Step 2: After you’ve downloaded the correct Android 6.0.1 file, rename it to update.zip
Step 3: Transfer the update.zip to platform-tools folder.
Step 4: Switch off the device and boot it in Recovery Mode.
Step 5: Connect your device to computer via usb cable.
Step 6: Select the apply update from adb option from the Recovery Mode of your Nexus 6.
Step 7: Get to the platform-tools folder and launch a command prompt there. To do so, hold SHIFT key, then right-click the folder’s empty space and select open command window here.
Step 8: Start Android 6.0.1 MMB29K installation by entering the following command line:
adb sideload update.zip
Step 9: Confirm the installation process of this new firmware.
Step 10: When the update is done you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
That was all! Your Google Nexus 6 will now be on Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow Official Firmware.