You can now Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q using the tutorial below. Google Nexus 6 users can now enjoy the latest release of Android Marshmallow MMB29Q firmware. Unfortunately, the release have not spread evenly on all users in all regions of the world yet. So people who are advancement enthusiasts can get the updates by manually following some steps on their devices. It is inevitable that the latest release is way better than the previous versions. Even the slight tweaking has made a great difference in performance.
I have put together this easy to understand and step by step tutorial on How to Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow. You can easily update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 with the help of the guide below. But, before you proceed with updating your Nexus 6, there are a couple of things that you should read first. Check them out after the jump!
Google Nexus 6 Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Google Nexus 6 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 6:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 6, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
How to Update Google Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow
Step 1: Download Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q firmware file from here and Rename the file to update.zip. But do not unzip the file.
Step 2: Transfer the file to platform-tools folder.
Step 3: Power off the phone and then boot it in Recovery Mode. To do so, Power Off the device, hold Volume Down and press Power button while holding Volume Down. You’ll get a bootloader menu. Navigate to Recovery with the volume buttons and press Power button to select.
Step 4: Select apply update from adb option from the Recovery menu.
Step 5: Connect your Nexus 6 to your PC via usb cable, if the device is not detected you need to try and reinstall the usb drivers.
Step 6: Go to platform-tools folder where you’ve copied the updating file. Launch a Command Prompt in it. To do so, hold down SHIFT key, right-click and select open command window here.
Step 7: Enter the following command line in order to start the installation:
adb sideload update.zip
Step 8: Reboot the Nexus 6 in normal mode when all files are installed.
Your Google Nexus 6 will now be on the latest Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q Marshmallow Firmware. If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, drop your comments below and we’ll get back to you ASAP.