You can now Update Google Nexus 9 LTE to Android 6.0.1 MMB29R. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallows MMB29R is out and about on all Google Nexus devices but, since it’s OTA you might not get the update straight away. But don’t you worry, you can do it by yourself by using adb sideload method. It is bit technical but it’s easy if you just get the know how.
This guide will show you How to Update Google Nexus 9 LTE to Android 6.0.1 MMB29R Marshmallow. Before proceeding with the guide, take a look at the few important things that I’ve written below in order to update your Google Nexus 9 LTE without any hassle.
Google Nexus 9 LTE Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Google Nexus 9 LTE properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 9 LTE:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Google Nexus 9 LTE to Android 6.0.1 MMB29R Marshmallow. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 9 LTE, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Update Google Nexus 9 LTE to Android 6.0.1 MMB29R Marshmallow
Step 1: Download the Android 6.0.1 MMB29R update file from here, rename it to update.zip and copy it to the platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Switch off the device and boot it in Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Select apply update from adb option.
Step 4: Connect your Google Nexus 9 LTE to your PC via usb cable and make sure that the tablet has been detected by the computer properly.
Step 5: Go to platform-tools folder and launch the Windows command prompt there by holding SHIFT, then right-click on the folder’s empty space and select open command window here.
Step 6: Enter the following command line in order to initiate the updating process
adb sideload update.zip
Step 7: Confirm the installation process and do not press any buttons until the installation is complete.
That was all. After the update is done you will see the phone rebooting in normal mode and you will be able to use your default Google account info in order to unlock your device.