You can now update Google Nexus 9 WiFi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow. December was the month of releases of security patches for Google, this time Google Security Android 6.0.1 patch was released for all Nexus 9 Wi-Fi devices. OTA will officially take some time to deliver this security patch to all the regions simultaneously. So you can get it all by yourself if you are tad bit of a tech genius. Here are some guidelines to flash the Android MMB29K Marshmallow update on your Google Nexus 9 device.
In this guide, we’ll see How to Update Google Nexus 9 WiFi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow. Before we get started with the tutorial, there are a few things that you should know about. Let’s take a look at them below.
Google Nexus 9 Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Google Nexus 9 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 9:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Google Nexus 9 WiFi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 9 WiFi, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
How to Update Google Nexus 9 WiFi to Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow
Step 1: Download the Android 6.0.1 MMB29K firmware archive from here.
Step 2: After downloading it, rename the file to update.zip and copy it to platform-tools folder.
Step 3: Switch off your device and boot it in Recovery Mode.
Step 4: Select the apply update from adb option.
Step 5: Use a usb cable to connect your tablet with your PC.
Step 6: Launch the Command Prompt in the platform-tools folder, it can be done by holding SHIFT and then right-clicking on the empty space and selecting open command prompt window here.
Step 7: In order to start the updating process you should enter the following command line:
adb sideload update.zip
Step 8: Confirm the flashing process of Android 6.0.1 MMB29K update and don’t press any buttons until it is complete.
Step 9: After installation is done you can reboot the tablet.
That’s it! Now use the Google account info in order to regain complete control over your device once again. Your Google Nexus 9 will now be running Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow official firmware.