You can now Update Korean Galaxy S5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Gladly, it is announced that LG Uplus and SK Telekom has released official Android 6.0.1 update for all Samsung galaxy S5. The update may take some time to reach to every device so if you don’t want to wait up then get it manually. Following few simple steps mentioned in this tutorial below, you will get the Marshmallow update for Korean Samsung Galaxy S5.
Odin app is to facilitate the manual update on android devices so you must install it in order to get the update. This tutorial will get you through all the steps needed to get the update on your device. You will enjoy improved and better version of Samsung Galaxy S5 once you get the update on your device. In this tutorial, I will guide you on How to Update Korean Galaxy S5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Drivers
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S5
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Korean Galaxy S5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Korean Samsung Galaxy S5, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charged to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Update Korean Galaxy S5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Step 1: Download the following files:
- Android 6.0.1 Firmware for Galaxy S5 LG Uplus: Link
- Android 6.0.1 Firmware for Galaxy S5 SK Telekom: Link
- Odin3 v3.10.6
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the AP button and locate the G900LKLU1CPC3 tar.md5 firmware update file and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient.