You can now Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Lollipop. Nexus 7 users must be excited to learn about the new Android Lollipop OTA update. Of course, getting the update is basically a kind of up gradation of devices that ensure their better performance and even better functionalities. This tutorial is formulated to help all the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi users to flash updates on their own and don’t wait up for the official update anymore.
In reality, this update is small and mostly about the bug fixes and system stability but it is advised that for better performance of your device, you must keep it up to date. It is best that you follow the guidelines step by step as given because it is simple for all kinds of users all over the world. This post will guide you on How to Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Lollipop Firmware.
Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Lollipop Firmware. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
- Make sure Android SDK is installed and setup properly on your PC -> How to Install Android SDK or ADB on Windows
How to Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Lollipop
Step 1: Download the LRX22G Lollipop 5.0.2 firmware zip from here to Update Google Nexus 7 and rename the file to update.zip
Step 2: Copy the update.zip file to platform-tools folder.
Step 3: Power off the device and then boot it in Recovery Mode (as shown in the image below)
Step 4: Select apply update from adb then connect the phone to PC using an usb cable.
Step 5: Go to the platform-tools folder where you’ve placed the firmware updating file.
Step 6: Launch a command prompt in this folder, it can be done by holding SHIFT, then right-clicking on the empty space to select open command window here from the context menu.
Step 7: Enter the following command to initiate the updating process.
adb sideload update.zip
Step 8: Confirm the update.
Step 9: When the update is complete you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
That is how you can easily Update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to Android 5.0.2 LRX22G Lollipop Firmware. If you have any problem with the process, let us know in the comments section below and we will get back to you ASAP!