You can Update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 with CM13 Custom ROM. Sony Xperia has always been a classic range of smartphones. Official CM13 build nightlies are now available on all Sony Xperia M devices. CM13 Build Nightlies are based on android 6.0 AOSP release updates so you must have the knowledge to flash custom ROMs on your Xperia M. CyanoGenMod offers various elements, exciting features and brilliant improvements and bug fixes to improve Xperia M performance and user experience. Here is complete tutorial on how you can flash the CM 13 nightlies on your Sony Xperia M.
CM13 firmware is smart, precise and pretty neat in hardware and all the features it offers to the device is beyond good. It is of no doubt that once CM13 is installed on your device it will perform better and you will enjoy using it. In this post, we will see how to Update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 with CM13 Nightly Marshmallow Custom ROM.
Sony Xperia M Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Sony Xperia M properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Sony Xperia M:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 with CM13 Marshmallow Nightly Custom ROM. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia M, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- Make sure your Sony Xperia M is Rooted and has ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom recovery installed. We’ll go with the ClockworkMod in this tutorial.
- Your device must be at least 70% charge to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 with CM13 Nightly Marshmallow Custom ROM
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: After that, connect your device with your computer with the help of the USB cable and move the downloaded files to your device.
Step 3: Unplug your device and then turn it off.
Step 4: When it is turned off, boot it in to Recovery Mode.
Step 5: When your device successfully boots into recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup by going to Advanced > Backup and Restore > Backup to /sdcard.
Step 5: Now clean up the storage system of your device; so, just select wipe data/factory reset as show in the image below.
Note: The CWM Recovery in your device may not be as same as shown in the images here. However, functions are almost the same in every version of CWM Recovery.
Step 6: After that, select install zip from the recovery menu.
Step 7: Followed by choose zip from sd card and select the zip file that you downloaded in Step 1. Installation will start.
Step 8: Wait for the installation to complete. Once it is complete, repeat the last 2 steps to flash GApps or Google Apps. Or you can follow the tutorial below:
Step 9: After you’re done with everything, go back to the recovery menu and select wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache from the Advanced menu.
Step 10: In the end, from main menu of recovery select reboot system now.
Note: First boot will take a bit of time, so just be patient. If your device gets stuck in bootloop, turn it off, boot into recovery mode, perform a factory reset and wipe cache. Then reboot it. Hopefully it will turn on!
That was all! Your Sony Xperia M will now be running Android 6.0 Marshmallow based CM13 Custom ROM.