You can now easily Update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. All Galaxy S6 Edge users must fastened their seat belts and ready to acknowledge the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update on Sprint network. There is a super easy way to manually flash latest firmware without waiting up.
This update gives updated Doze, Apps Permission control and amazing bug fixes with improved tweaks that enhances Galaxy Edge S6 user experience. With the availability of ODIN tool, there is absolutely no hurdle in manually flashing the update just by following simple steps mentioned in this tutorial. It is definitely the right time to invest in your device’s better performance. This post will guide you on How to Update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Drivers:
You’ll be connecting your device to the Computer, so it is recommended that you have installed the latest USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus properly. For those who do not have done it already, download the USB Drivers from the link below and then proceed with the tutorial.
Make a Backup of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus:
It is recommended that you make a full backup of your device before proceeding with this guide on How to Update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Anything can go wrong during the process, so you can later on restore your device to current state. Just follow the tutorials listed below in order to fully backup your device:
- Backup your Android Apps -> How to Backup Android Apps
- Backup your SMS Messages -> How to Backup SMS Messages
- Backup WhatsApp Messages -> How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Contacts and other Google Data -> Go to Settings > Accounts, then sync with Google
- Backup Photos and Music etc. -> Connect your device to your Computer with a USB Cable and copy all the content from your device.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, DO NOT try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it!
- This is not a guide for Flashing Custom ROM, so you don’t need your device to be rooted. However, if your device is rooted, you’ll lose the Root access after flashing this Official Firmware.
- Your device must be at least 70% charged to prevent turning off in the middle and increasing the chances of bricking it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. -> Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging. If the Developer Options do not show up in your settings, go to About, scroll down and tap on Build Number seven times and a Message will pop up saying that You are a Developer now! Go back to Settings and you’ll have the Developer Options now.
How to Update Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Step 1: Download the following files:
Step 2: Extract the contents in the zip archive and save the files on your PC then switch off your device.
Step 3: Boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step 4: Launch the Odin.exe on your PC and Connect the phone to computer via usb cable and wait for the device to be added by Odin, if no device is detected you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. If your device is detected, you’ll get the following message in Odin:
Step 5: Go back to Odin and click on the AP button and locate the G928PVPU2BPC3 tar.md5 firmware update file and load it in ODIN.
Step 6: Confirm the updating process by hitting the START button.
Step 7: After the update is completed by ODIN you will see the PASS alert as shown in the image below. The phone should reboot in normal mode, too.
Note: First boot will take a bit long, so don’t panic and be patient.